VISIT THE FESTIVAL
What to expect at Exmouth Festival
Exmouth Festival is a free to attend community festival of the arts, run by Exmouth Town Council. It is taking place from 2-5 June 2022 on the Imperial Recreation Ground, Exmouth, EX81DG. Entry is via Royal Avenue. Please note there is no admission to under 14’s without an accompanying adult aged over 18.
We ask that you consider donating £5 or more to help us cover our costs.
At Exmouth Festival you can expect:
- Live music from local and national musicians
- A family circus tent with workshops and performances
- Interactive walk-about performers
- Local traders selling hot and cold food, crafts and clothing
- A bar tent run by local business Spoken & The Grapevine
- A fairground (pay to access)
- Charities promoting local good causes
This year we have programmed a special Jubilee Celebration Day, to join in with the national celebrations taking place for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. There will be ‘The Big Jubilee Lunch’ accompanied by SW Comms Band, along with local performers and the creation of Exmouth’s Greatest Masterpiece with artist Hayley Watson.
The festival site will be open:
Thursday 2nd June, 15:30-22:00
Friday 3rd June, 11:30-22:00
Saturday 4th June, 11:30-22:00
Sunday 5th June, 11:30-17:00
Please note this is not a camping festival, all attendees will be asked to leave the site at the end of each day, and there is 24-hour security.
Travel to Exmouth Festival
Please visit https://www.visitexmouth.org/getting-here/ for details of travel to Exmouth. Once here you’ll find us on the Imperial Recreation Ground, EX81DG.
Please use public transport to get to the festival where possible, or why not use one of the many cycle paths to get to the site?
As the event is taking place across an extended bank holiday weekend, we encourage you to check up to date public transport timetables.
Great Western Railway: https://www.gwr.com/stations-and-destinations/stations/exmouth
We hope that Exmouth Festival can be accessible to anyone wishing to attend. We have worked hard to keep the festival a free to attend event so that cost is not a barrier.
Exmouth Festival takes place on the Imperial Recreation Ground in Exmouth, which is an outdoor location along the edge of the Exe Estuary. The site is exposed to all weather conditions, and the ground contains bumps and dips, which can make it more difficult for those in wheelchairs or with mobility problems.
There are wheelchair accessible toilets at the entrance to the festival and next to the bar. There are disabled parking spaces nearby and on site.
There is a BSL interpreted theatre show, The Grimm Sisters by Scratchworks Theatre Company, at 3pm on Sunday 5th June.
There is very limited seating on the festival site, so we recommend you bring a fold-up chair or picnic blanket if you are planning to be at the festival for long periods of time.
If you wish to talk to someone about accessibility at Exmouth Festival, please email email@example.com
Your safety at Exmouth Festival
Exmouth Festival is a community event and we ask that your behaviour is appropriate for this family-oriented festival.
In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all visitors to the festival, the following conditions of entry apply:
- Admission is at the festival attendees’ own risk. The organiser will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property.
- No admission to under 14’s without an accompanying adult aged over 18.
- Bag searches on entry to the festival; Any items which the organisers or security staff consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner will be confiscated and you will be asked to leave or be evicted from the site.
- Passive indicating Drug Detection Dog team on entrances and across festival site.
- No open bottles to be brought onto site. Excessive amounts of alcohol will not be allowed onto site and will be confiscated on entry.
- Zero tolerance policy on drug taking and underage drinking. Challenge 25 operates at the bar. If you look under the age of 25 you will be required to provide ID that proves your age.
- Festival attendees may be ejected if found in possession of prohibited items inside the venue.
- Abusive behaviour, verbal or physical, towards Festival Staff and fellow Festival attendees will not be tolerated. Anyone behaving in such a manner will be asked to leave the venue.
- Any animals brought onto site must be on a lead and kept under control at all times.
- This list is not exhaustive and all subject to the Venue management discretion and their right to vary these Terms of entry from time to time without notice and at our sole discretion.
A big thank you to…
Production Management & Technical Services- PL1 Events
Security- Security Management South West
Festival Photographer- John Bailey Photography
Head Steward- Trevor Huggons
Family programmer – Ben Cornish
Branding & Website- Copyrite